Tuesday, February 16, 2010

bringing it to life

I produced my bathing suit in two layers. An under layer which was the basic bathing suit shape, using the plain wool jersey. This acted as a base. The main layer was the rouched wool jersey attached over top. I did this to give the bathing suit support and to prevent it from stretching to a greater size or out of shape. I learnt this after the bottoms of my toile grew DRAMATICALLY after I produced them using only the rouched fabric, the use of such a large amount of fabric gave the bathing suit even greater stretch however very little recovery.





The clock was ticking..
. My idea was strong and was confident with the steps I had to take... Black chain however is IMPOSSIBLE to find... Not that I had a lot of time to look too hard. I found suitable white chain and spray painted it black.

I practiced the rouching effect on several pieces of fabric to see the effect and how much I would actually have to use, as the applique process is not sparing on fabric...

It turned out i had to rule 1cm lines on a 1.5 metre p
iece of wool jersey.


I was however, very happy with th
e end result. After cutting the pattern and sewing the tucks in opposite directions, I could start putting the bathing suit together..

No comments:

Post a Comment